Love it or hate it!! Eurovision! In our house the kids love it! We have stocked up on random European goodies from Lidl and with be cheering on....
The older 3 in the house!
The little 2!
Sadly my 8yo thinks that Jedward are ace!!Meanwhile I though that the evening might go a little quicker playing this game I cam across on the internet!
The rules are very simple.
You take a sip of alcohol every time:
1) Bucks Fizz or Sandy Shaw or Cliff Richard are mentioned.
2) Either of the hosts attempts to sing.
3) Either host pretends to be surprised at something said or done by the other in a clearly well rehearsed piece of improvisation.
4) Either of the hosts loses track of their autocue.
5) Anyone sitting in the room with you mentions Terry Wogan. Drink an entire shot if someone says something along the lines of ‘It’s not the same without Terry Wogan’ - he's been gone for two years people! Deal with it!
6) The video shown before an act contains shots of people in traditional costumes. Drink two shots if anyone is seen doing the traditional Norwegian Halling dance. And, yes, I know it looks eerily similar to some of the scenes from Monty Python's Silly Walk sketch...
7) You see an elk. Drink an entire shot if it’s a person dressed in an elk costume.
8) You aren’t entirely sure whether the singer is man who looks like a woman, or a woman who looks like a man.
9) A country is represented by a singer from somewhere else in the world.
10) The act involves people on stage banging large drums or industrial objects acting as large drums.
11) An item of clothing is removed on stage. Drink an entire shot if it is removed by someone else.
12) The act is bald. Drink an entire shot if they are also female.
13) The act possesses a large moustache.
14) The act is dressed in leather. Drink an entire shot if they are dressed in leather and have a large moustache.
15) If you hear a language used other than that of the nation who is singing (i.e French singing in a song by Malta). One sip per language. If in doubt, take a sip.
16) You recognise the song immediately as being a blatant rip off of a previous winner of Eurovision.
17) The song is an ode to world peace. Drink three shots immediately if there are any children on stage at any time during the song.
18) Every time there is an awkward silence and/or miscommunication between the hosts and the people reading out the votes. Drink an entire shot if the votes get mixed up.
19) Every time you hear "Royaume-Uni? Nil point!"
20) Every time a country gives top marks to someone for geographic, political or ethnic reasons. Drink an entire shot if they give them to Russia because they’re worried they won’t get any gas next Winter otherwise.
21) If there is any alcohol left once the show is finished and you’re physically capable of coordinating the movement of alcohol from the bottle to your mouth.
Have fun! (Please drink resonsibly...ahem)